Murrieta United Methodist Church
Director of Music and Worship Arts
All Murrieta United Methodist Church personnel are hired to support the church’s purpose of Loving God, Loving People, and Serving People with the goal of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the World. To accomplish this, the Senior Pastor is charged with the responsibility of leading staff for this purpose.
- Lead Chancel Choir during Worship year round.
- Direct weekly rehearsals and special event rehearsals for the Chancel Choir.
- Arrive on time for all rehearsals, services and programs.
- Utilize church choir officers and audition for featured soloists.
- Coordinate annual training workshop in the early fall for Chancel Choir.
- Supervise Organist/Pianist and Children’s and Youth Choir Director(s).
- Arrange for substitutes for Choir Director and Organist/Pianist as needed.
- In conjunction with the pastor, select music and be flexible choosing varied genres for worship and special programs.
- Prepare a yearly budget for the Music Ministry.
- Communicate with church office staff all Sunday and special event music selections and performers in order to be published in bulletins. Due each Wednesday by noon.
- Recruit, audition, and arrange for special music throughout the year, especially when Chancel Choir or Praise Team Music Group are not sharing
- Assist in the recruiting of volunteer membership in the Children & Youth Choir, Bell Choir, Praise Team Music Group and the Chancel Choir.
- Assist in the auditioning of Praise Team Music Group members.
- Recruit and oversee volunteers to lead the Bell Choir and Praise Team Music Group.
- Arrange annually for a special musical recital.
- Attend Staff, Worship, and Church Council meetings.
- Order music and work with music librarian.
- Participate in at least one annual personal professional growth event.
- Actively seek out ways to connect the community with Murrieta United Methodist Church through music.
- Maintain Safe Gathering practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of B.A. in music preferred.
- Experience in supervising others.
- Ability to interact with persons of all ages and ethnicities tactfully and courteously.
- Ability to motivate, organize, lead and train people to use their musical gifts for worship.
- Is a team player.
- Ability to work cooperatively with church staff.
- High standards in attitude, outlook, and morals with awareness of the importance of example.
Accountability: The Director of Music and Worship Arts reports directly to the Senior Pastor and is responsible to Staff Parish Relations Committee and Church Council.
Hours: 10 per week
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experience
Please Submit all Résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office below.